Our programme focuses on instilling good habits of protecting the environment and cherishing resources as well as moral education to establish correct values to develop their ability to express love and care for others. We have also incorporated a variety of elements, including gymnastics, music, environmental protection, etc…, into our programme. We utilize games as our main pedagogy to promote positive education, allowing students to develop holistically.
(1) Programme Goals:
We have tailored a comprehensive programme according to the Kindergarten Education Curriculum Guide (Joyful Learning Through Play, Balanced Development All The Way) published by the Curriculum Development Council under the Hong Kong Education Bureau.
❀ Intellectual Development Goals:
1. To develop toddlers’ interest and enthusiastic attitude towards gaining knowledge and the world around them.
2. To develop toddlers’ ability to focus, observe, analyze, reason, judge, and solve problems.
3. Establish a strong foundation in mathematics and expression through language.
❀ Aesthetic Development Goals:
1. To inspire toddlers’ creativity and imagination.
2. To develop toddlers’ ability to appreciate beauty and nobility.
3. To encourage their joy in creation.
❀ Communications Skills Development Goals:
1. To broaden and improve upon toddlers’ natural skills in socializing and communicating, including verbal and non-verbal communications.
2. To encourage and assist toddlers in understanding their thoughts and feelings, and expressing them verbally.
❀ Social and Moral Development Goals:
1. To assist toddlers in balancing personal interests and group interests, building good interpersonal relations, and accepting the basic values and norms of living in a community.
2. To develop a sense of responsibility and correct values in dealing with others.
3. To develop a positive attitude towards interacting and protecting the environment around them.
❀ Personal and Fitness Development Goals:
1. To develop toddlers’ good habits and basic self-care ability.
2. To develop toddlers’ ability to express both positive and negative emotions.
3. To assist toddlers in developing self-discipline while allowing them to understand that self-discipline is the key to a happy school life.
4. To develop self-esteem, confidence, and sense of satisfaction.
5. To improve toddlers’ gross and fine motor skills.
6. To improve toddlers’ perceptive touch abilities.
(2) Curriculum Planning and Teaching:
1. Our school uses Cantonese as the main medium of instruction along with Putonghua and English.
2. Utilizing a variety of activity to teach, we aim to allow students to experience life and learn through games. Besides thematic teaching, we design activities to inspire students’ creativity and associative ability, nurturing self-learning to fulfil our goal of Joyful Learning Through Play, Balanced Development All The Way (Education Bureau, 2017).
3. Training students’ gross and fine motor skills through a plethora of gym equipment, while instilling the habit of exercising to cultivate a healthy body and mind.
4. Developing students’ artistic taste through music appreciation, singalong, learning instruments, arts and crafts, and more.
5. Our school is equipped with computers and wifi coverage across the campus for better ICT education. Our teachers also utilize multi-media for interactive teaching, allowing students to grasp basic computer skills, improving their adaptability. Besides this, our campus is also equipped with solar panels, wind turbines, rooftop garden, and energy saving sensors to instil upon our students the importance of environmental protection from a young age.
6. In terms of evaluations, our teachers will evaluate students’ behavior and academic progress through constant observation. Each student will have a personal record which teachers will reference to adjust the curriculum according to the students’ needs.
(3) School Support for Non-Chinese Speaking Children:
Non-Chinese speaking children may be challenged with communication difficulties when learning. Their abilities and interests are also diverse and may require special care and support on some of the skills and knowledge in their daily life. The school will make appropriate class and grouping arrangements, encouraging these students to understand the local culture and living habits through interaction with classmates, creating a harmonious school life.
If interviews are arranged for NCS children, the school will arrange a translation service for applicants where necessary or allow parents to be accompanied by a Chinese speaking relative / friend during interview so as to facilitate communication.
For further information or assistance, please contact Senior teacher Hung by 2653 2311 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindergarten Education Policy – Support for Non-Chinese Speaking Children(English Version)
Education service for non-Chinese speaking (NCS)students.(English Version)
❀ Targets of support services for non-Chinese speaking children
1. Support non-Chinese speaking children to learn Chinese in the kindergarten
2. Promote the personal and group development of children
3. Build up an inclusive campus to help non-Chinese speaking children integrate into campus life
❀ Non-Chinese speaking children Learning support
Through peer interaction, games, situational, role-playing, etc., non-Chinese speaking children will be more interested in learning Chinese. The structure of Chinese characters will be studied to continue language learning. We also promote inclusive learning, to meet the growth needs of non-Chinese speaking children, and to build friendships with the Chinese-speaking classmate together to promote the motivation of learning Chinese.